If you’re like me and start searching for fall events and things to do while it is still summer (ok even before that sometimes), then this list may give you a little inspo for how to enjoy this season even while we are social distancing.
Find a cozy nook at the park and read the book you have been interested in getting into. Not sure what to read? I have found that thrift stores have so many options and cost just a few dollars (if that). I am not one that likes to just sit with nothing to do so having a book along helps keep me busy while enjoying the fall atmosphere and weather.
Indulge in pumpkin everything! Grab a cup of pumpkin spice coffee, turn on a good fall or Halloween movie, and add a pumpkin donut to top it off for a treat! My grocery store bakery has these cake donuts that are so good! There are so many pastry options right now, give one a try!
Take a walk (or run) in the park while the leaves are changing. My favorite music station on Spotify is under “fall 2020.” I didn’t know which artist to search for so just a general fall playlist search should get you started finding some relaxing songs that fit the season.
Pull out those sweaters and cozy outfits again. I haven’t needed warm clothing for sometime since we were previously living in Hawaii. I found a few cute pieces that were in storage, as well as added a few pieces from the thrift store.
A few other great ideas for fall:
- Pull out the crock pot and search for some comfort soup recipes
- Start looking at days/times local pumpkin patches are open (and if you need tickets)
- Add more richness and depth to your hair color
- Start looking at Halloween costumes
- Visit a local craft store for home decor inspo
- Check out the Food Channel’s fall and Halloween themed shows
- Do a deep clean and get everything fresh for your new decor
- take advantage of the cooler weather and start up exercising
- Bike through trails
- Get crafty with some sewing projects or painting
For more: Follow @gabievossler on Instagram